Facebook recently updated their overview of getting verified accounts on Facebook and Instagram. For Facebook, users must fill out a form, but to be eligible a Page or profile should:
- Include a cover photo
- Include a profile photo
- Have a name which complies with Facebook’s name guidelines
- Comply with Facebook’s ToS.
Meanwhile, Instagram users can apply for verification:
- Go to the profile, and tapping on the three lines on the upper right-hand corner
- Tap Settings
- Select ‘Account’ and ‘Request Verification’
- Enter your username and full name, plus a photo of a government-issued ID (e.g. driver’s licence, passport), and submit request.
You can always fire away and request for verification, but there’s no guarantee you’ll get that blue icon next to your profile. You can read more about the verification here.